On a sunny Saturday afternoon in July 1916, about 200 of the city's sports
enthusiasts and business dignitaries gathered in the largely undeveloped veld
about 10km north of the young town to officially open a golf club.
They called it Parkview, probably because that is what it offered.
The clubhouse had been built on a site where Parkview Junior School stands today and was an imposing building housing a comfortable[...]